Udeshi Hargett Ensembles
Creating the ultimate elegant atmosphere for your fairytale wedding
Voted #1 Wedding Musicians in NC, by local couples, 2014 - 2023
Experienced, dedicated musicians providing the best for your wedding
Easy, stress-free experience
How to book us?
Call us now: (252) 292-1307. We are prompt and efficient
Send a message through the "Contact Us" page. Please include your wedding/event details.
Schedule an Introductory Consultation
Congratulations on your engagement!
I am Udeshi Hargett, owner and principal violinist of Udeshi Hargett Ensembles (UHE). This is (a part of) my amazing team! Thank you for visiting our website, and considering having us at your wedding! We are currently booking for dates in 2023 and 2024! Please take your time and look around and call or send me a message when you are ready. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your wedding music! If you are ready to move forward, please contact us right away, or go to "Book now"
We specialize in Weddings! We are based in Raleigh, NC but travel throughout the North Carolina. A majority of our weddings are held within the NC Triangle. Some other frequent locations include Eastern NC, specifically Wilson, Nashville, Atlantic Beach, Beaufort, Wilmington, Charlotte, Asheville, the Outer Banks. Since 2001, I have performed at several hundred weddings from the beach to the mountains of North Carolina. I have also performed internationally at weddings and events. Some of those destinations include Germany, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Sri Lanka.
As a full-time professional wedding violinist, I perform solo and with other musicians. If you are interested in an ensemble I can provide an ensemble with any instruments you desire. My team is made up of the most experienced and talented professional musicians in North Carolina. Visit the ensembles page to learn more. While my dates get booked up with a majority of solo weddings, I also enjoy playing with my ensembles. If you would like me to be a part of an ensemble, please request that at the time of booking. Depending on availability, I would love to perform at your wedding! An additional fee will apply. Generally, if you book an ensemble, you get musicians from my all-star team, who is sure to entertain and blow your guests away! Our ensemble musicians play together all the time. We provide the right musicians with the exact skills needed to accomplish your desired results. When you hire my ensembles, my main role is to work with you, and guide you with the wedding music selection to create the perfect atmosphere you desire for your wedding. I do a personal consultation with you over the phone, zoom, FaceTime or in-person, listen to your needs and get to know you. Selecting the correct music selections is just as important as the musicians who perform those pieces. When you hire us, our main focus is on YOU, and YOUR happiness! You become a part of the UHE family. We nurture our clients and treat them with love and respect. I guide you along the process and help you with everything you need in regards to music, as you plan the most special day of your life.
Music can make or break the atmosphere. Our clients want the ultimate elegant atmosphere at their wedding that will create a fairytale like atmosphere. They want a professional who will take care of all the music details and leave you stress free. We work with you throughout the process guiding you along, with anything you may need. We make sure you that YOU have a peace of mind. Hundreds of couples have trusted us to make their wedding spectacular. We would love to hear more about your needs and make your wedding spectacular!
Top 10 reasons to hire Udeshi Hargett Ensembles
Udeshi Hargett with Drs. Kelly & David Orgel after performing at their fairytale wedding at the Umstead Hotel & Spa, Cary, NC.
1. The result and outcome you achieve by having us to perform at your wedding, cannot be done by anyone else
2. Voted best musicians in NC by local brides 2014-2022
3. I specifically work with you, get to know you, listen to your needs and guide you with the music selection. I make your wedding music a reflection of your tastes and desires.
4. I truly care about your needs. I have been in your shoes, and know what it is like to be stressed out, as a bride. I understand that it is one big day with two different families coming together. My team and I are committed to you. We are respectful and professional in all situations. I try to make the process as easy as possible for you.
5. We have wide repertoire of classical and contemporary songs. If you have a special request we can certainly play that. Basically we can play anything from Beethovan to Beyonce.
Also. we can play by ear, on the fly. For example, the fiddle tune, The Devil Went Down To Georgia, is often requested at cocktail hours, and we can play it when requested, without having to practice it ahead of time.
6. We take our customers seriously. We are fast, prompt and efficient with our communication. We are up on the latest technology. We communicate with you through phone, text, e-mail, video, zoom, FaceTime and in-person.
7. We are flexible and accommodating. For example, if your wedding is delayed due to inclement weather, we stay longer and perform for the guests while they wait. Or, if the weather drops below a certain temperature, and we cannot play outside, we come up with a back-up plan so that you will have the best quality music for your wedding. We always take care of YOU!
8. The musicians we provide are not just any musicians. We only use musicians who are part of our trusted, All-star team. Therefore, we have a limited number of musicians. They are experienced professionals I trust, and have played with for years. They have been through my training, follow my guidelines and procedure. They are committed to providing you, the best possible service, quality of music and outcome.
The musicians and I stay connected throughout your event and inform me when they arrive, when the leave and a detailed description of how the wedding went.
9.Your wedding will have beautiful music and will be fun and entertaining for your guests
10. Your guests will be impressed and have a memorable experience as they are serenaded during the cocktail hour. (The strolling violinist act is specific to Udeshi, as that is a specialized act)
And here's a few more :)
11 Your guests will rave about your wedding for months to come
12. We absolutely love working with the mother-of-the-bride! We get you, and know you have your daughter's best interest in mind. We also work with the couples directly. Sometimes we work on the wedding music with the groom, dad of the family or a friend who is taking care of the music.
13. We arrive one hour before the wedding starts and we are set up and ready to go when the first guest arrives
14. We are inclusive. We believe that love is love. We believe that everybody should be treated equally, and with respect.
15. The Knot Best of Weddings Award Winner 2014-2022
16. Inducted to The Knot Hall of Fame (honor given to the top 1% of wedding pros in the nation)
17. Weddingwire Couples Choice Award Winner 2014-2022
18. Trinity Award for Best Entertainment Production 2019 by International Live Events Association
19. Best of the Triangle Award winner for Best Entertainment Production 2020 & 2021.
20. Best Local Musician/Musical Group voted by the Wilson Times
21. Preferred Musician/Musical Group at NC Triangle's top wedding venues.
22. All our musicians have formally studied music at college level or higher. They have earned either Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degrees. They are professional musicians with decades of experience
23. Hundreds of Five Star reviews and hand written thank you notes from past couples
24. Udeshi is well connected in the wedding industry. We have a list of trusted wedding professionals we have worked with that we can provide you to help you with your wedding planning needs.
Udeshi Hargett is a world class violinist who started taking violin lessons at the age of 6 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. She studied under Mrs. Audrey de Souza and Mr. Ananda Dabare, renown musicians in Sri Lanka. Udeshi holds a degree in Violin Performance from the prestigious Royal Schools of Music, London. Udeshi has been performing violin at weddings and special events since 2001. She is a full-time professional violinist. She primarily focuses on performing at weddings as she absolutely loves the process of working one on one with the bride/mother of the bride. "Music is an important part of a wedding, and there's nothing more gratifying than seeing the joy in my client's face after the wedding" said Udeshi.
Udeshi came to the US to attend Barton College and holds two Bachelors degrees. Udeshi was awarded the Hemby Leadership Cup given to the best all-around student at graduation. Udeshi has performed with the Wilson Symphony Orchestra for Fourteen years. She has also performed with several other orchestras here and abroad.
Udeshi has performed violin as a soloist in South East Asia, Europe, North and South Americas. She has performed for Prince Charles of England, the President and Prime Minister of Sri Lanka and many distinguished audiences and celebrities. Udeshi was inducted to the Knot Hall of Fame, an honor given to the top 1% of wedding professionals in the nation. Udeshi has been honored with many awards in the wedding industry. She is a Seven-time WeddingWire Couple's Choice Award Winner, Seven-time the Knot Best of Weddings award winner, Borrowed and Blue’s Best Musician, and GigMaster's Five Star Performer. She was voted Best Musician by the Wilson Times in 2017.
"It has been a dream come true to be able to pursue my passion and make that my career. Performing at weddings and events brings me so much joy, freedom and flexibility. I feel like I’m not only doing something I love but have also found my purpose,”
Video: Oak City Films,Bride & Groom: Allie & Ian Grove, Venue: NC Museum of Art
About Udeshi Hargett
A small glimpse of our work..
"Our goal is to make your wedding atmosphere truly beautiful and romantic; making your wedding spectacular" Udeshi Hargett
Recent weddings slideshow:
A Bride's Interview with Udeshi Hargett:
North Carolina's Best Wedding Violinist
Voted by brides on the knot & WeddingWire
How long have you been playing the violin?
How did you become a Wedding Violinist?
When I moved to NC to go to College 18 years ago, I started to get a lot of requests to play at weddings from people that heard me perform at concerts and events. I didn't do any advertising what so ever, and was totally surprised and humbled by the number of requests I got. Doing more weddings made me realize how much I truly enjoy performing at weddings. I love working with couples and their parents to create an elegant atmosphere for their special day. When you do what love for a living, it doesn't get much better than that!
"Udeshi's music made our wedding more perfect than we could have ever imagined" Nick & Savannah Rousse
We love your services and videos; everything sounds fantastic...can you tell me what sets you apart from other wedding musicians out there?
When you hire me, you don't only get a violinist who will show up and perform at your wedding but you get someone who will entertain your guests and guide your with eveything you need. No one else can provide the personal, warm and genuine customer service I do. You not only get a hardworking, internationally renown violinist, you get someone who sincerely cares about your needs. I am an extrovert and very outgoing, so working with people is something I love doing - it energizes me to be around others.
Performing and entertaining your guests is something I do naturally. I don't just play music - I interact with your guests, take requests and make sure that everyone is having a good time... In addition I make sure that the wedding music I play at each wedding reflects the personality and style of each couple. I take the time to get to know your style and my music is individually tailored for you! I tell YOUR story through my music. I take special requests and can play anything from traditional wedding music to contemporary. My focus is to give you the best value and service I possibly can and work in partnership with you from the start to the end of the wedding process. I travel to your wedding destination, whether it is in North Carolina or anywhere else in the world. I am available to answer any questions at any time of the day and my clients always come first. (and some of them end up becoming good friends!) In addition to having a strong background, endorsements and education in music, I focus on providing you with the best possible service and experience!
Who is going to benefit best from your services?
The bride & groom that want an elegant atmosphere with the highest quality violin music for their wedding. Many of my best clients truly love and appreciate quality music. They want someone who can create the ultimate romantic atmosphere for their wedding.
I had a solo violinist perform at my own wedding and I want brides to experience the same joy and happiness on their wedding day! I am the owner and violinist of my company. I also provide other soloists (singers and instrumentalists), duos, trios and quartet as you need. The ensembles are made up of the best musicians in the area. My musicians go through my training and shadowing program so I can vouch for the level of service and quality you receive.
You may check out more about my ensembles on the Ensembles tab above.
Do you have a backup violin?
Yes, I carry my backup violin to every wedding I play. Last year, I upgraded to a new totally awesome violin (I totally love!) and that is what I perform on. But I am so happy that I can still use my old violin as a back up.
May we see what some of your former clients have to say?
Yes, absolutely! You can look at our client testimonials here right now. You can also read my reviews from past brides on Weddingwire and the Knot. I can also provide you a list of former clients you can speak with.
This looks like everything we have been looking for! What do we have to do next to start the process?
The next step is for you to call or e-mail me to check availability and get our contract to book your wedding date. You need to send in completed contract with deposit to reserve your wedding date. We will set up your complimentary consultation to answer any questions you might have. I want to hear about your needs and meet you in person and see what package fits your personality, style and budget best.
Great! I am ready. Can I call you to discuss further?
Yes, of course! Please call 252-292-1307. We will schedule a complimentary get aquainted consultation so we can get all your questions answered and out of the way. Again, feel free to call me with any questions you have or you can e-mail me to discuss your needs and desires. I look forward to helping you!
"Udeshi created the PERFECT, ROMANTIC atmosphere for our wedding"
"Because of Udeshi we had a peace of mind knowing the music was taken care of, and we're able to focus on our big day!" -Christy P.